Monday, June 7, 2010

My New Choice and Adventure

I am a child of God, daughter of two incredible parents, sister of many, wife of a man I adore, proud mother of three beautiful girls, teacher, and lover of life.

I have started this blog because I have been blessed to fulfill many goals that I had made as a young child, and I am now ready to start making new ones.

A new goal that has been stirring within me has been to publish a book, childrens or adult. I know, definately not a small one, but who knows? Since I am emphasizing writing to my students and it is not a strength of mine, I figured starting a blog could be a great start.

I have chosen the name of "Choose your own Adventure" because my current desire is to write about how the choices made in life shape the person you are going to become. Pretty simple, yet so important and life changing!

I think of the Indiana Jones movie quote of "You have chosen wisely" sums up another goal in my life. My ultimate goal is for me to live a fulfilled life making choices that will impact others to make good choices as well. Therefore, when I die and go to heaven and get to see my Savior face to face, I pray that I hear him say these words, "You have chosen wisely."

So in this blog, I will include choices I have made in my life, good and bad, choices I observe others making, and choices that I have to make in my everyday life. Big, little, and probably some silly as well. I will discuss things that I want my daughters to learn, understand and live by.

I do not believe that I am a person that is qualified to say what is right or wrong, black or white, or even a certain decision is the only one to make. However, I do feel I have been blessed by my Heavely Father, more than I deserve. This is a new step in my life that I can share to achieve a personal goal that has been put in my heart. Even if noone reads this, I hope my three daughters will be able to reflect on my writings and know that I am a woman who dreams big by choosing my own adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!! How did I not know you were doing this? Well, I'm signing up to follow. Count me in. Here's to dreams, hearts' desires, and seeds God has planted. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete