Thursday, June 24, 2010

Choose not to Keep Score, it will only Hurt You

I haven't been able to write anything because I've chosen to be annoyed lately. Sometimes people annoy me and I sit and think about it, more than I should! It may be something said, done, or observed and I chose to let it bug me. Not a good idea. All it has done, was make me unhappy, judgmental, angry, or agitated, nothing I am proud of.

So one of my goals in life is, to not keep score of others around me. I know it may be hard if you have that competitive spirit in you, but remember that you may be the only one competing! To me, that assures you some loss. Whether it be loss of time, friends, or emotions on something that does not make much of a difference in the long run. Or it may make a difference in the long run, because if choosen to let it bother you, it can become poisonous inside; consuming your time and energy.

Life is too short! If we spend our time thinking about how others may have hurt us, done something wrong, not done enough for you, whatever it is that is bugging you, you waste time that you could be enjoying with your husband, children, family or friends. Think how pleasant life could be if we thought of the blessings God has given us.

I started writing this entry the other day and decided to choose to enjoy more of my life by not worrying, getting annoyed, keeping score, or dwelling on others actions and I have enjoyed the extra time I have had. I'm definately not perfect, I did catch myself talking about others, and all I can say is that it only made me feel bad at the end of the day. There's no reason for that! Decide to dwell on the simple and good things in life....there is a lot of that out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment