Friday, July 16, 2010

Choose Never to Say "Never"

I have in my life, said "never" on occasion, and I am amazed when I find myself in a position where I'm having to look at myself and admit I should not have said "never!"

It makes me think of the times when we were growing up, or when I am telling my own children, don't say "hate", you may say "dislike", but don't say "hate!" Well, don't say "never", you may mean well, may even really believe it, but don't say "never!"

So today I find myself in a position where I really want to say "never!" Yet I know that I have been in these situations before, and "never" meant, not for a long time. I feel as if later down the road something may have changed and all of a sudden, I'm doing my "never." Not only do I find myself regretting saying "I will never...", but others remember my "never" and my own children will have reason to ponder, didn't mom say "never?"

It goes along with the don't threaten your child with a consequence if you know you won't follow through. I've done that before too :) Of course that's a whole different story... It all comes in learning lessons and choices you make in your life.

Thankfully I have a God that is forgiving and knows that my "nevers" mean, not at this moment! Can you imagine if we were kept accountable of all the times we have said "never?" Yikes, hope noone is keeping count of mine!

So, today I feel as if I want to say "never!", but I won't. I have learned my lessons, and I know that my "never", may one day in my future be a possiblity. So I'm going to say I will have to think and pray hard about it, but, I'm not saying "never", because only God knows ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment