Thursday, July 29, 2010

Choose whether or not "No" means "No"

This is a new choice I am learning, just now when I am in my thirties. All my life, when told "no", I took the answer and moved on. I was then left with the feeling of sadness, anger, or disappointment. I have learned recently that "no" doesn't always mean that.

Now, I think there is a fine line that you have to be careful about when you choose to fight the answer given to you. There are definately times where it is not worth your time or relationships to fight for what you want, so you need to think real hard. However, if you have taken the time to think it through, you are not happy with the reply given, and strongly believe in fighting the answer (or it won't be a big deal to try to change the situation); I'm learning, go for it! Remember it is a gamble, you may fight for a different outcome and still get the same answer as before, but you may not.

There are some people who have this one down! In all honesty, some of them know how to "work it" so well, it almost annoys me. I am learning though, that by actually fighting for some things that won't hurt anyone, it can come out to benefit you. So, don't always take the answer "no" as the end and that is final....you just might find out otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment