Thursday, July 22, 2010

Choose to not take it personally or be too sensitive

This is another hard one for me, especially those who know me! I am a person who is way too sensitive, have been all my life. Not that being sensitive is a bad thing! But, too much of it can make your life less enjoyable!

I believe there are times in my life that I am over sensitive from a comment or action and I take personally and am hurt! Even worse, I am sometimes angry. Anger never helps anything and only creates drama. Drama also comes with the being very sensitive and taking things personally. Drama is subject for later.

Bottom line, I truly believe (and hope) that most people are not out there thinking of how they can hurt your feelings! Therefore, when you hear a comment or action that hurts you, you have options. You can get angry (really doesn't help, only wastes your time), you can confront (do this if it a true friend and worth it) so you make your relationship stronger by understanding each other better, or you can let it slide (don't be a pushover though, unfortunately there really are some that are mean, and if it continues to happen, learn your lesson and stay away).

So in the end, think good of people. Give people the benefit of the doubt and let the words or action go by. I believe we are a society that struggles with thinking before we speak (I am guilty of it too). Know that sometimes things are done without evil intentions. Believe in the good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment